Monday, May 01, 2006

Good Friends

As I mentioned in an earlier note, Shutterwi and I are good friends! We bounce things off each other, and otherwise whine, bitch and complain. We also help each other out and borrow tools etc.. Living next door to him, I decided to build a fire ring in the back yard, very close to the Lake Reflection that formed in the spring, complete with a pink flamingo and lilly pads put there by you know who!
We always struggled to have enough firewood for the fires, and we burned whatever we could find. Including the wifes wicker furniture on the front porch, until she stopped us before we got to the fire. Anyway, shutterwi one day for a real steal on free firewood, so he brought it over. Well I kindled the fire, we stood around and watched the kindling burn down and this free wood was untouched by the flames. Again I kindled the fire then put some other wood on top of it. It worked like a champ until the asbestos wood shutterwi found began to show through. Well I had been burning wood for many years so didn't consider it a real problem.
A few days went by and we had another fire, with the same result! Well I wasn't going to let a chunk of wood get the best of me. As anyone knows fire needs oxygen, well I was going to give it some. I got the leaf blower, plugged it in and let it rip!!! Just about that time Shutter came out of the house, just about the time a shower of sparks, ash and flames rose about 8 feet in the air! Shutter took one look and was near doubled over laughing at me and the fire. The back yard, well several yards actually was under a dull yellow glow from the firepit.
There was some talk of a strange light phenomenon being observed in Northern WI, by the shuttle crew!!! There will be more reports of other antics by Mutt and Jeff around the fire pit tomorrow. Just so you know, there is still a chunk or two of this posessed firewood eerily floating around the neighborhood, Chard to be sure, but still there!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home