Sunday, July 09, 2006

This Past Week

Shutterwi provided me with a pile of books on tape a few weeks ago, and I listen to them on my hour and a quarter drive each am. I am finished with them now so went back to listening to Public Radio for the round trip drives.
I got angry early in the week when listening to dubya telling us if we don't support the war in Iraq and his administrations decisions on our constitutional rights, that we are not patriotic and unamerican. Now that pissed me off royally! When none of his bull crap is accepted he waves old glory trying to guilt us into accepting all he does. Never mind that his cronies Chaney, Rice, and Rummy, have built an administration within an administration that they control. They have created several intelligence networks and use them over the CIA because they get the answers they want, not the stuff they should get. The prez uses signing statements, why, no one can figure out, but I am sure we will find out in the future.
The Vice Prez used the 1% rule to invade Iraq, when in fact I'd bet there was less than 1% chance that they would find WMD's. He wanted to invade plain and simple. Probably so his cronies in his past employment could make tons of money rebuilding, and all with no plan for what to do once we got there.
It is clear to me they have no real policy or plan other than try to kill the leaders and hope the rest will fall. Well, it isn't working! Things are getting hotter in Afghanistan as well. I wonder what the plan is there.
Now we have Iran and Korea to deal with. I am happy to see other countries pushing our leaders in the right direction. It seems that many countries, even those we once considered enemies, realize that what happens in the world is a global problem, not just a US problem.
I love this country, I would fight any time to protect it, but I resent the prez saying that those that disagree with their misguided policy are unamerican.

2 Comments:

Blogger pissed off patricia said...

When he says shit like that he's talking to the dumb MF's who voted for him. He doesn't want them stepping out of line and perhaps thinking for themselves.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Here, here! It pissed me off too. He is just such an ass I can hardly stand to listen to him but did as I was also stuck in my car.

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home