Saturday, August 05, 2006

War

If you want more info on Israel type in "The Israel Lobby" by John Mearsheimer and another fellow. Also go to pbs.org and find "the dark side" for info on why we are in Iraq. I had these posted a while back and I don't know if anyone visited the sites. I encourage you 3 or 4 readers of mine to go and look.
Oil prices at the pump are increasing weekly and are now $3.19 or was on friday. The oil analysts are keeping pace justifying the increases. They say now that it is the free market system in action, pricing what we are willing to pay, because if it wasn't that way we would find ways to conserve and use less so we pay because we are willing to pay! Well, they have their heads in their asses, we pay because we have to. I have to drive 120 miles per day and I have no choice period. Sure I could walk for groceries if I had to but I don't drive needlessly because I can't afford to. We have spread out as a society, living in the burbs, small towns and commuting to work. Of course we did this when prices were lower! Now maybe we are expected to sell out and or quit work to conserve. I have the only job I could find in this area short of wally world or flipping burgers. Nice choice huh folks, but we have choices even if the oil execs and analysts can afford to pay.
Anyway, the wars go on, we get hated more each day, and terrorist groups are springing up like teenage male genitalia on lovers lane. It seems the Islamic Militant Extremists are getting more support by the normal Islamics, and why not, it is they who are dying more than the extremists.
We are pouring more men into Iraq, in harms way like more troops are the answer. Never mind that we are in the middle of a problem we can't solve. Only the people of Iraq and their government can if they want peace and democracy. I really haven't seen anything that says the people want it bad enough.
Meanwhile the four horsemen of the apocalypse keep mouthing the same crap day after day, hoping to get a good break someday. Gandhi once said that if the world practiced and eye-for-an-eye then the world would be blind. Well folks, look for a bunch of blind or one eyed people in the middle east and Washington.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home