Sunday, October 01, 2006

The Dash

Not long ago my sister was here for a visit, she showed me a thing on the computer on some site that caught my attention. It was a ditty about the dash between when you are born and when you die, like on a head stone. This ditty said that the dash was the important part, and meant the life in between. It was brought up at a funeral some place and the person talked about what people will say about our dash when we die. As it happens, there was good things in this persons life yet asked what we would leave behind in peoples minds who have known us. Maybe what we want people to say about us. Maybe to live our lives like we want people to say good things.
In any event I will ask now, what is it you would like people to say and remember about you?
I know what my family and close friends would say, but not really what other who met me would say. I know I have fallen short on what I would like others to say, in my mind at least, maybe there is still time to improve. I guess in the end a life is what you can live with yourself, not really what others think. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home