Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day

In several blogs lately I have read lists of books people have read. One of my biggest passtimes is reading. I can't begin to tell you the thousands of books I have read. I worked in a paper mill for 13 years and we had kind of a book club between a hand full of guys. We read many book series, and every three months or so a new book of the series would come out, and we took turns buying the books and pass them on to the next person. That worked well and no one footed the total bill. To this day I trade or read books from others like Shutterwi, and many others. The very good books I have read many times, others once, and I have passed on every few years bags and boxes of books. For my birthdays I get books, and when people visit I get books. If I had my way I would have a huge library, but circumstances prevent me from too big a library.
Here are a small list, In Cold Blood, Gulag Archipeligo, SOG, Flag Of Our Fathers, Hemmingway, Aristotle, Bicentenial Series, Roots and on and on. I read articles, magazines, papers, Research etc. All Creatures Great and Small, Green Mansions, Moby Dick, Jaws are more. Then there are books on Economy, The Government, Military, Weapons, Police, Astronomy, Physics, Metalurgy, Wood Carving, Design, Construction, Engineering, Aircraft, All the Wars and Wars to come. I read just about anything! Happy reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home