Friday, December 29, 2006

Happy New Year

I wish you all a happy new year!

Right before Christmas I was watching GMA on TV, they had on a young boy they had interviewed some time in the recent past. He had some rare form MD and lived in Maryland, he has since passed away. At the time of the interview he was hooked to a respirator of some sort, his name was Mattie.
He talked of getting along(people), peace, angels, heaven and more. I happened to be walking through the room and only caught part of the interview, but it stopped my in my tracks. This man-boy had such a wonderful outlook and ideas of what the world needs and can do. I am sure this little guy knew his time was limited, yet such optimism about the future and all things. I wish he could have lived to be Secretary General of the United Nations or some other high post, I am sure he could have made a difference, and maybe he still can. I wish someone could put on the Internet that interview so terrorists and those who want to do the world harm, would have this pop up on the screen so there would be two statements to judge from. I believe if there was there may be less problems in the world. If you can find this interview, listen to it and pass it on.
I don't know where in Maryland he lived, but the town is going to put something up to honor him, his mother moved across the street from this monument, and as it turns out will be right across the street from her front porch. If there are angels, he will certainly be one, and will always be something we could all strive to be.
I am not given to being impressed by much in life, including people, but he impressed me! Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home