Friday, August 18, 2006

A Sad Day

My daughter left for college today, it always make me a little sad, I love her and love her being around. Sure she is like most kids, a little long on mouth, but has always been a great kid, never in trouble and always smiling. I guess I feel the same way after my other kids visit and leave to go back to their homes. I say kids when in fact the oldest is almost 40 and the youngest is 20. I am close to all the kids, hugs and kisses always, even with the boys. That will never change! One is a Kansas City, Kansas SWAT Officer and is 6'6' and 250 lbs and at times sits on my lap, you can't see my under him but I am there, eh, eh. Oh well, I will go on, and they will too, we know that, but it takes getting used to being alone again, the wife and I. May be a good thing we got a little chocolate lab pup this summer for company, that and a couple grand kids that live in town also, along with another daughter, thank god she is here too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

I still have a 16 and 13 yr old at home but some days I get so lonely for the 2 that have left the nest. I was feeling that way today. Just wanted my family back together.

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi dad! i miss you guys while im at college even if i do talk to you guys at least 10 times a day:) even tho this is my third year leaving i still feel like i have to start all over when i leave you guys. its different every year and now that i have my own house i feel even older but i still hate leaving! come visit me as much at you can and dont forget ole:)

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home