Saturday, August 26, 2006

A True Story

I have decided to tell a story, I'm not sure why, maybe I feel it has to be told. I want people to understand the meaning, the why of actions of people. It is a true story.
As I have said earlier I read this book, it is called "Flag Of Our Fathers", It was written by a son of one of the famous flag raisers on Iwo Jima. This person is from Wisconsin as I am. Even though his father was in this famous picture, it was never hung in his home, his father never talked about his war experience, even to his wife. He avoided interviews about the war, never gave talks in his kids schools, and avoided publicity about the picture and war experiences. His father was a Navy Medic for a Marine unit. So he set out after his father's death to learn more about the war, his father, and the men of the unit. What I am about to write over the next bunch of blogs are snippets of this book.
A look at the time in history, the actions of the "enemy", the fight on Iwo Jima, the men who fought and died and/or were wounded, and the effects afterwards.
More in a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home