Thursday, May 18, 2006

This Morning

I get up to prepare for work at 2:30 am. As I poured a cup of coffee I noticed the moon outside the kitchen window. Bright, silver and floating in a sea of stars.
As Shutter and I have said, we can sit for hours and stare up at the night sky. I am so strongly attracted to the night sky that I have to look up frequently.
The past two years I have spent so much time studying the universe, and no matter how much time and looking at pictures of the universe from Hubble, and so many other telescopes around the world, I never tire of what I see and what I can learn.
I leave home when it is dark, and I have been known to stop on the highway and try to find something in the sky, away from city lights. People from work have stopped to see if I was having car trouble and when I tell them what I am looking for, they look at me funny. But what the heck, I never said I was too smart!
I don't have a telescope, I use binoculars and NASA to see what I want. So can anyone else, that has an interest in the heavens.
I guess some people think they are just stars or planets, and they are indeed. But much of what takes place out there, has led to many dicoveries here on earth, and may well change a great many things in the future. So I am awed by it all, out there and here . I still suggest for everyone to visit the NASA site of "Astronomy Picture Of the Day" , for a wonderful experience.

1 Comments:

Blogger Spadoman said...

Reflections......go to this website. I felt I should tell you about it when I read this blog.

http://www.kstrom.net/isk/stars/starkno5.html

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home