Sunday, May 14, 2006

Some Thoughts on Myself

I have said on this blog site that I have taken up studying this past year or so. Actually I have studied most of my life, just more so at times than at other times. Also for many different reasons. I have education up the ying yang. I like to say I have a Phd (post hole digger) not a doctorate, heh, heh.
It occured to me this week, why at this time was I again interested in so much. I think I found the answer.
Over the past 20 years or so, the ol' body has begun to fail. Some of the failings are natural, others are from one abuse or another. It started out as small things and got bigger over the years. I don't mind getting old, I just don't like what comes with it. I just can't do the things or atleast some of them as I used to do. Even that doesn't scare me too much. But I am afraid of losing my faculties(mind). Being a veggie of one sort or another does! So even if my physical house falls apart I want to keep the mind active, so I try to exercise it. If it works remains to be seen.
Keep in mind that I don't want to be able to go back and relive my life, nothing would irritate me more than making the same mistakes all over again, heh heh. Sometimes I wish I would have kept my patience in check long enough to retire from something, but I didn't and I won't, retire form somewhere that is, heh heh.
I like to say my life has been kind of like paying to use a toilet in a train station, and only passing gas.
I'm not afraid to die, I'm just not in a hurry to do it. No sense rushing into things! One of my son's tells me, "don't worry dad, the big guy is gonna keep you around for another 30 so you can suffer" heh heh. Well he has a twisted sense of humor like his dad!
Can anyone relate to this? Just some thoughts on this gloomy rainy day in gods country!

5 Comments:

Blogger Shutterwi said...

DITTO.

Great post RWi.
Good party yesterday.

D did a great job graduating.
Was that the same D that didn't think it was possible a few short months ago?

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi dad! i love you and you better not be leaving anytime soon...i had a realy fun weekend...thanks for everything! see you in a week for 3 WHOLE MONTHS!! lol you'll be ready for me to leave by august im sure:) love you

2:20 AM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

The post just above mine is proof positive you have done something in life and you did it just right. Just sit back now and enjoy the ride for as long as it goes.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Spadoman said...

"Time and motion wait for no man"

Quote os Leonard Rossiter who plays Reggie on the BBC sit-com "The Life and times of Reginald Perrin" He dutifully goes about every day life as a Father, husband, employee and friend and comes to this conclusion.

4:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a great time last weekend. Sure do miss y'all. Dana did a great job....I'm so proud of her. She has a great mentor in you. I may only be your sister but you missed your calling and should be a writer!!!

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home