Sunday, June 04, 2006

Blurbs From The News

As depressing as it is I read and listen to the news daily. Now I'm not a rocket scientist, but I can think, somewhat anyway.
There is a policy shift afoot with the "little rascals" in the White House. It seems funds to rebuild Iraq has been shifted to security over there. I use the term "security" lightly. I guess it would depend on who feels secure.
I am sure at this point, that the people, ordinary people, sure are not the ones feeling secure. Along with the US policy shift, the insurgents also shifted. The are now targeting civilians by the droves. They take over neighborhoods, kill for any reason, from wearing shorts, to women working, to people trying to move to get away from the trouble. Now you throw in some atrocities and I can't even imagine what the people can be thinking at this point.
The insurgents have been able somehow, to make religion, a political pawn from the new government to the ordinary people. There is not a threat of civil war there, it is already there!
There needs to be a government determined to make changes, take charge and stop this. The people themselves need to stand up and say no more. The peole can't sit back and let the bad guys take over neighborhoods, the insurgents aren't invisible. Iraq isn't our country, it is up to them, not us on the outcome of this mess.

2 Comments:

Blogger enigma4ever said...

I stumbled here from Morning Martini ...hmm, I think I will visit for awhile..."threat of civil war- there already is one..." I think that is more wise than anything that we have heard from the pentagon breifings....

11:42 AM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

One thing's for damned sure, there are less and less hearts and minds to win these days because so many of them are being murdered daily.

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home