Saturday, June 10, 2006

Terrorism

Terrorism is a cowarldy act, to do just what the word says, "makes Terror in others". In a nice world there is none, in a nice world there is no killing, in a nice world there is no wars. But thats not the case! People like Al-Zarkawi drew first blood and would do it again given a chance. So yes, he did and does affect me, all of us even. Because of their terrorism look at how the world has changed. How many innocent people is he responsible for killing? Am I happy he is dead, hell yes. Are we in their country, yes, he wasn't from Iraq either, and most of the terrorists aren't either.
Like I said earlier, there are terrorists here too, some are our own citizens, others from other countries. I don't want to lose my rights, I don't want to be lied to by government, but I don't want terrorists to run the world either.
If we have to fight them with weapons I would rather it be there and not here. I was a cop and seen plenty of mans inhumanity to man. I always hoped I would never be put in a spot to have to use my weapon, but would I? Yes. I always wanted to be the one going home at the end of the day, and uphold the laws of this country. Any time you use a weapon your life is changed, I wish it wasn't necessary, but it is. In law enforcement you don't just deal with criminals, you also deal with the victims, and to me there isn't a big difference between a family or a country terrorized. Just ask a person who has had a family member killed or wounded, or raped, or mugged, or threatened.
I guess you have to pardon me if I don't shed tears for murderers, terrorists, rapists, muggers, serial killers and hell even drug pushers, when they meet their maker!
I tried to go to Iraq, for this reason, if it is good enough gfor our kids then it is good enough for me. If I could prevent one of our kids from dying, or innocent civilian then I would. If it helped keep terrorism out of this country then I would. But in their wisdom I am too old. But let me say this, as long as I can walk, I would go in a minute!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home