Sunday, June 11, 2006

Keeping An Open Mind

I guess keeping an open mind is hard to do. I usually try hard to do that, and am sucessful for the most part. I like to listen to people, other opinions are interesting to me. I don't need to agree with others. Sometimes I agree in part, others not at all. For me, it comes down to what I can live with personally, and I'm sure a lot of it stems from my own experiences in life. I have to say my ideas and opinions have changed over the years, in some things anyway, some I've had forever it seems, good, bad or indifferent.
So it is also with others, their experiences, views and ideas may be different than mine, it doesn't mean they are less than mine, even if I disagree with them. I have known some real nuts and will say that, I still know some real nuts. But I still listen to them. For the most part I don't try to change anyone. I will give an opinion if asked. Hell I have been called a nut to I guess.
If I know the person well I will bait them into a tirade, just for fun. If I know them well, they know that also.
I also think about what people say, in another life I was a counselor for 15 years, maybe it comes with the territory, but I think about what others say and possibly why they say it, and how they say it. I guess I like to wonder about how all things work, even people. I like watching people even if they are not speaking, like in malls, stores, on streets etc.. Life is interesting, and so are people.
The other thing I am certain of, is that I have never heard any person say anything, everyone agrees with.
Another thing I am certain of is I would never be a politician, no matter how good the person is, how smart, how honest. No matter what they say or do is wrong for someone. Their lives are picked apart, families, ideas and actions. Now that sounds to me like purpetual heartburn!
So I guess my point is folks, ideas and opinions are cheap, let others have their say, politicians are open game because what they do affects us, rarely does what I say and think affect others.

1 Comments:

Blogger pissed off patricia said...

With this administration they only listen to each other and sadly they don't hear any of us.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home