Friday, February 09, 2007

Billions Lost

Well folks, while some of us struggle to make ends meet, and our soldiers have equipment shortages, the U.S. some time ago, shipped 12 billion dollars, I repeat 12 billion, to Iraq on C-130 aircraft, shrink wrapped. That came to 365 tons of money! Now get this, they have no idea where it went! Some say money was handed out for information, that's all they can come up with. Now that's a lot of shekels, pesos or what ever.
And then you heard about the government charging a soldier for losing his body armor after being shot. Makes a lot of sense doesn't it.
I would bet that most of the money found it's way to the bad guys and they are buying more equipment to kill our guys. In fact the Iraqi Government arrested a top official for doing just that, funneling money to the insurgents. Boy, I sure have more faith in the administration and their handling of the war, how about you?
As long as our men and women are there I have no qualms about providing the best of everything for them, but I do take exception to losing money like that, and it being spent to fight against us. I wouldn't say if it was being spent to rebuild and for the innocents. And I suspect, a few people just took the bread and left the country to retire. Damn we are good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home