Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Both Sides

I think the political process is in need of change in this country. Both Dem's and GOP cry partisan politics, decisions are political yadda, yadda, yadda. Well folks both side are as guilty as the other. I am a Dem and probably always will be. I cry politics also, I want politicians to do things that are impossible whether I like it or not.
But no matter what party we support, we are of one country, what is best for the country and the people should be what we strive for, not the priorities of individuals or parties.
Anyone qualified to run for president should be able to run, not just the rich or those backed by big money. There should be a level playing field, period. We have a brain trust in this country, yet we don't use it, or can't use it, whether it is in government, politics or industry.
I love this country, and would not like to live anywhere else, under other laws and rules. Sure it isn't perfect here, but go live in other places, and I am sure we would appreciate what we have. This doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement in this country, there is. So we should be very careful when abuse of the constitution, or even changes of it are in play. We should move ahead with the interests of the country, but I think we can do what is in order, yet keep our rights protected. There should be checks and balances in most of government, I have yet to see a leader of ours, be-all and Know-all.
It is time to work for bringing our representatives, including the president, back to what our founding fathers envisioned over 200 years ago. They work for us, the people, not how history will look at them, not the dictates of a party or an administration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home